- This event has passed.
Grazing fundamentals workshop Charleville
Monday 22 May 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Monday 22 May 2017|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Event Category:||Land and pastures|
Charleville, Queensland 4470 Australia+ Google Map
Grazing fundamentals is a one-day workshop for people involved in the grazing industry wanting to gain a better understanding of the core principles behind good grazing management.
Your facilitators Jill Alexander, Applied Ag and Col Paton, EcoRich Grazing will guide you and you’ll learn about:
- Environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- Local seasonal pasture growth patterns
- Key decision dates for reviewing feed supply and stock numbers
- How soil properties influence pasture growth
- Land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- Principles behind successful grazing systems
- How to account for different classes of grazing animals when assessing grazing pressure
- What’s involved with forage budgeting.
Normally priced at $825 per person, your investment is only $150, thanks to the generous support of the Queensland Government’s Building Drought Resilience project.
For more information contact Darren Jennings, SWNRM via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 220 136.
Register online via this link www.surveymonkey.com/r/GrazingFundamentals17