- This event has passed.
SBTS-TBTS Regional Forum Toowoomba
Tuesday 18 July 2017 @ 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 18 July 2017|
8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Comfort Inn Grammar View
39 Margaret Street+ Google Map
Toowoomba, Qld 4350 Australia
2017 Regional Forums
The 2017 regional forums will cover a number of important topics, including an update on the inclusion of genomic information in BREEDPLAN. There will also be several interactive sessions, where attendees will have the opportunity to reflect upon the amount of performance recording achieved for their own herd, and also to investigate whether they are making genetic progress and meeting their own breeding objectives.
Sessions that will be presented at the regional forums include:
- BREEDPLAN 101: Recording Performance Information in Your Herd
- BREEDPLAN Contemporary Groups and Genetic Linkage
- Making BREEDPLAN Work For You: Common Performance Recording Problems and How to Avoid Them
- How Much Performance Data Do You Collect? Interpreting Your Completeness of Performance Report.
- Are You Making Progress? Interpreting Your Genetic Progress Report.
- Single Step BREEDPLAN: What Does Genomics Mean For You?
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
The cost to attend a regional forum is:
- $35 for members of an SBTS or TBTS Stakeholder Breed Society.
SBTS = Blonde d’Aquitaine, Charolais, Devon, Hereford, Limousin, Murray Grey, Red Angus, Red Poll, Salers, Shorthorn, Simmental, Speckle Park and Wagyu.
TBTS = Brahman, Brangus, Droughtmaster, Santa Gertrudis, Senepol and Simbrah.
- $70 for those that are not members of an SBTS or TBTS Stakeholder Breed Society. This includes members of other Breed Societies and other industry representatives.
Numbers are limited, so be quick to ensure you secure a place.
To register, please fill out the registration form and return to the SBTS office.
For more information contact Catriona Millen, SBTS Technical Officer on (02) 6773 3357, 0409 102 644 or email@example.com.