- This event has passed.
Grazing BMP accelerated program Charters Towers
Thursday 15 February 2018 @ 8:30 am - Friday 16 February 2018 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Thursday 15 February 2018 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Friday 16 February 2018 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Past event|
Charters Towers, Qld 4820 Australia+ Google Map
The Grazing BMP accelerated program is designed for busy graziers.
This workshop is open to businesses new to the Grazing BMP program and businesses wanting to complete a reassessment. Information about the Grazing BMP certification process will also be provided. This is your opportunity to complete ALL five Grazing BMP modules in a manageable block of time.
Topics covered include:
- Breeder management and nutrition
- Animal welfare, disease management and using pain relief
- Using data for bull selection
- Information on land types and groundcover trends for your property
- Tools for assessing land condition and completing forage budgets
- Useful templates for creating WHS procedures
- Improving financial literacy and business record keeping
- An update on current projects and funding available through NQ Dry Tropics
RSVP 5 February 2018 to DAF Admin 07 4761 5150
For more information, please contact Jo Gangemi, DAF on mobile 0477 345 843 or Lisa Hutchinson, NQDT on mobile 0427 594 192.
The workshop is FREE and lunch and smoko will be provided.
Download the Charters Towers Grazing BMP accelerated program flyer (PDF 771 KB) for additional information.
Grazing BMP is an industry led partnership of AgForce, Fitzroy Basin Association and the Queensland Government of Agriculture and Fisheries.