Breeding EDGE – Karratha, WA
Thursday 12 March 2020 @ 8:00 am - Saturday 14 March 2020 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Thursday 12 March 2020 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Saturday 14 March 2020 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, People and business|
Ibis Styles Karratha
34-45 Searipple Road+ Google Map
Karratha, Western Australia 6714 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
• measure reproductive performance more accurately
• identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
• develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
• gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
• current herd performance – what measures matter most
• reproduction and reproduction loss
• managing the breeders – systems
• bull fertility and management
• identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
• reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
• breeder herd management plans
• genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
• genetic principles and selection tools
• selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
• breeds and breeding systems.
• Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
• Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
• ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,450 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from same business
Corporate rate + GST/ 5 or more participants from the one business
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Register now for Breeding EDGE
Places are limited.
Register via Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
M: 0428 113 732 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to read feedback provided by previous attendees, download the event flyer: Breeding EDGE flyer, Karratha (PDF, 500 KB)