Breeding EDGE – Katherine, NT
Tuesday 30 July 2019 @ 8:30 am - Thursday 1 August 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Tuesday 30 July 2019 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Thursday 1 August 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production|
Katherine Research Station
South Stuart Highway+ Google Map
Katherine, NT 0851 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers to improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies to achieve desired production targets.
Attending Breeding EDGE will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop or refine a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services, Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
- ACV & BULLCHECK vet
Price (GST exclusive)
$1750 + GST one person from a business
$1450 + GST two or more people from one business,
CorCorporate rate + GST / 5 or more participants from the one business
Cost includes a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Subsidy may apply, enquire at registration.
Places are limited
To register, contact:
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd, mobile: 0428 113 732, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Breeding EDGE flyer (PDF, 1 MB) to read what other beef producers have said about this EDGE workshop.