Breeding EDGE workshop – Katherine, NT
Tuesday 28 July 2020 @ 8:30 am - Thursday 30 July 2020 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Tuesday 28 July 2020 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Thursday 30 July 2020 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, People and business|
Katherine Research Station
South Stuart Highway+ Google Map
Katherine, NT 0851 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive disease and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second and third person from the same business
Corporate rate + GST for five or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery, Tropical Beef Technology Services (TBTS)
- Whitney Dollemore, Northern Territory Department of Primary Industry and Resources
- ACV and BULLCHECK accredited vet.
Places are limited
Register now by contacting Felicity Hamlyn-Hill of Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty, Ltd. on 0428 113 732 or email@example.com.
To read what previous attendees of Breeding EDGE workshops have said about their investment, download the Breeding EDGE flyer (PDF, 500 KB).