Breeding EDGE workshop – Rockhampton
Wednesday 29 May 2019 @ 8:00 am - Friday 31 May 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Wednesday 29 May 2019 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Friday 31 May 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, People and business|
25 Yeppoon Road+ Google Map
Parkhurst, Qld 4702 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers to improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance—what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second and third person from same business\
Corporate rate + GST / five or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Producers meeting eligibility criteria may claim the FBA training Reimbursement Program which covers 70% of the total course cost, capped at $700 per financial year. To download the FBA Training Reimbursement application form, click here.
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
Mick Sullivan – Qld Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
ACV and BULLCHECK accredited vet.
Register now for Breeding EDGE. Places are limited. Register via: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill ph: 0428 113 732, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Mick Sullivan, ph: 0428 104 374, email: email@example.com
To read what other beef producers have said about the Breeding EDGE workshop with Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, download the event flyer, Breeding EDGE Rockhampton (PDF, 1 MB).