- This event has passed.
Feed or sell this dry season – Bollon
Wednesday 17 April 2019 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 17 April 2019|
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, People and business|
Bollon, Queensland 4488 Australia+ Google Map
Discuss the year ahead at this free cattle nutrition refresher. Swap ideas, experience and discuss:
- cattle requirements and what feeds supply
- current situation and the year ahead
- options: agistment, sell, feed
- decision support tools: agistment, sell, feed
- evaluating supplements, costing nutrients
- reading labels
- early weaning
- dry season plans
Free workshop, BYO lunch, smoko provided.
Delivered by Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) beef extension officers Roger Sneath, Jed Sommerfield and Andrea McKenzie.
Presented by GrazingFutures, an initiative of the Queensland Government to promote a resilient grazing industry.