- This event has passed.
Phosphorus management The Caves
Wednesday 17 October 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 17 October 2018|
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures|
The Caves Showgrounds
The Caves, Qld 4702 Australia+ Google Map
This FREE workshop will help you to manage phosphorus nutrition on your property by developing a management strategy. Topics covered include:
- Identifying P deficient country
- Testing for deficiencies in cattle
- P deficiency in breeders and growing steers
- Supplementing P in the most economical way.
The Phosphorus team:
Rob Dixon (University of Qld) – ruminant nutritionist with many years of experience in northern production systems including the effects of phosphorus nutrition in breeders.
Mick Sullivan (DAF) – Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins (DAF) – Beef Technical officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
We will supply:
– Smoko and lunch
– Land type maps
– Lick assessments
– Lick intake calculator
– Workshop notes.
– Labels from lick products you are currently feeding
– Information on lick intakes
– Results from any soil or cattle blood tests.
RSVP by 12 October:
- online https://phosphorus.eventbrite.com.au
- contact Kylie Hopkins on 07 4843 2615 or email email@example.com
- To have a land type map produced for your property (to help identify P deficient areas) please provide us with your lot on plans at registration.
Download a copy of the Phosphorus management flyer (PDF, 451KB).