- This event has passed.
Profiting from genetic potential Eulo
Thursday 8 September 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Thursday 8 September 2016|
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Event category:||Past event|
Eulo Shire Hall
Eulo, Qld 4491 Australia+ Google Map
Selection and management of bulls and heifers
The drought has taken its toll on Queensland cattle herds with numbers down across the board. The silver lining is the opportunity to use the herd rebuilding phase to review your herd genetic and management strategies. Investing in the most suitable genetics can deliver large gains in animal performance and business profitability. You are invited to a full day workshop, presented by Tim Emery, FutureBeef, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Selecting bulls using objective performance data
- Accessing and using EBVs and online data
- Management to maximise bull performance
- The role of heifers in herd rebuilding
- Management to maximise heifer performance
Please book your seat online.
Cost: $50 per business – morning tea and lunch provided.