- This event has passed.
Workplace essentials seminar Mareeba
Tuesday 17 October 2017
|Date:||Tuesday 17 October 2017||Event category:||Past event, People and business|
340 Byrnes Street+ Google Map
Mareeba, Queensland 4880 Australia
Improving health, safety and people management skills
Industry developed one-day workshops for busy farm businesses, funded by the Queensland Government. Get yourself and your team leaders up to speed.
Session one: Workplace health and safety
- Understanding workplace health and safety (WHS) laws and regulations
- WHS compliance checklist
- Understanding and managing risks and hazards
- When and how to report incidents
- Overview of useful WHS services and resources available to businesses
Session two: People management
- Performance and behaviour management
- Handling conflict, bullying and difficult conversations in the workplace
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Update on workplace retention laws, regulations and programs
- Overview of further training and funding available
Cost: $30 per person – includes workshop, resources, morning and afternoon tea and lunch.
Group discount: Save 20% if booking for two or more people from the same business.
Download a copy of the Workplace Essentials Seminars 2017-18 schedule (PDF, 574KB).