Workplace essentials workshop – St George
Wednesday 27 March 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 27 March 2019|
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
|Cost:||$30||Event category:||People and business|
|Website:||www.growcom.com.au/ events/#!event/2019/3/27/workplaceessentials- workshop-st-george|
St George Cultural Centre
112 Victoria Street+ Google Map
St George, Qld 4487 Australia
The Workplace essentials workshop has been developed by industry for busy farm businesses.
Join the Queensland Agriculture Worksforce Network for this one-day informative workshop focusing on:
- People in business:
- Getting the legal stuff right!
- Attracting the right people
- The value of inductions and onboarding
- Getting the best out of your team
- What happens when they leave?
- Safe workplaces
- Safe workplaces and safety systems
- Integrating safety into your workplace
- Worksafe Qld – areas of focus
- Chemical safety
- Confined spaces
- Safety management systems
- Guards on machinery
- Electrical safety
- Q&A facilitated by Rebecca Fing
- Safety Advocates – sharing their stories and their take home messages
- Jodie and Mario Cocco
- Kristie Smith from Workplace Health and Safety Qld
- Danielle Forbes from Workcover Qld
- Anna Geddes from Austsafe Super / Sunsuper
- Karen George from QAWN who will be providing information about further training available
Presenting on the day will be a range of industry experts including Rebecca Fing, House Paddock Training and Consulting, Worksafe Queensland, Safety Advocate, Workcover Queensland, AustSafe Super.
The Workplace Essentials Workshop is proudly supported and funded by the Queensland Government through Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Proudly sponsored by the Queensland Agriculture Workforce Network (QAWN), Growcom, AustSafe Super and the Queensland Government.
Download the Workplace essentials workshop, St George (PDF, 2MB) flyer here.