Giant rats tail grass (GRT) management: an integrated approach
Time: 8:30 to 14:30
Location: Woocoo Community Centre, Woocoo Drive, Oakhurst, Qld, 4650
Fraser Coast Regional Council is holding a field day for landholders and property management to identify and manage GRT and other Sporobolus species
Presenters include Joe Vitelli from DAF, Graeme Elphinstone, John Reeves from Biosecurity Queensland, Council’s Land Production Officers, Paul Hubbard from GP Products, along with displays from local rural supply businesses and AgForce Queensland.
Topics planned for discussion include:
- What is GRT and best management practices
- Competitive pasture species for GRT control and paddock walk
- GRT biocontrol and research
- Relationship between fertilisers and animal production to combat GRT
- Granular flupropanate
- Taskforce chemical use, tips and tricks, calibration and equipment
- Biosecurity Act and forming a management plan
Morning tea and lunch is provided. Please bring a hat and car pool if possible.
To register please contact Juliet Musgrave, Land Protection Officer, Fraser Coast Regional Council on (07) 4197 4350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.