Cow and weaner management options
Have you weaned and do your cows look a little light or not quite where you would like them to be?
Join Extension Officer, Jed Sommerfield (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Charleville), as he provides practical and current information in regards to earlier weaning.
Jeds’ discussion topics include:
- examples of what would happen to your cow if you weaned 30 days earlier
- how much grass a cow and calf eats compared to a cow and weaner and how much this costs?
- how many extra cows will be in calf by increasing their weight by 10%?
- tools, calculators and assistance available
- tips, tricks and lessons learnt from producers who have early weaned.
Download a copy of the presentation: Cow and weaner management options (PDF, 6.2MB)
- Introduction and the impact that Body Condition Score has on conception rate.
- How much does a cow need and how much can they consume?
- What happens to the conception rate of the mob if you wean earlier?
- Body condition score and getting your cows back in calf.
- What happens if you wean 30 days earlier?
- Summary of the impact that body condition score has on conception rate and tips and trick for early weaning.