FORAGE – free property information to assist with GLM decisions: Part 2 – new and soon to be released reports
This is the fourth and final in a series of four webinars focusing on Getting the “Inside Edge” in grazing land management.
The Queensland Government’s Long Paddock website offers a suite of free FORAGE online property-scale land management reports. These reports have been designed to support those involved in Queensland (and Australian) agriculture to support decision making in grazing land management including graziers, extension practitioners, consultants, researchers and education providers.
New reports are now available for the FORAGE suite of online property-scale land management reports. The Crop Frequency and Type report and the Fire Scar report have been recently released and can be accessed on the Queensland Government’s Long Paddock website.
Two additional reports: The Pasture Growth Alert report and the Estimated Safe Carrying Capacity report are being developed for release.
In this recorded webinar, Grant Stone (Principal Scientist with the Department of Environment and Science):
• introduces and explains the newly released Crop Frequency and Type and Fire Scar reports; and
• provides a preview of the soon to be released Pasture Growth Alert report and Estimated Safe Carrying Capacity reports.
Download a copy of the FORAGE – free property information – part 2 – new and soon to be released reports (PDF, 7.7MB).
- FORAGE – free online property information to assist with grazing land management decisions: Part 2 – new and soon to be released reports
- Webinar roadmap
- The FORAGE system
- Crop Type and Frequency report (10 year crop frequency and crop type information by season)
- Crop Type and Frequency Map reports (by crop frequency, season – summer/winter, grain/cotton and pulse/cereal)
- Crop map images – Summer (February) and Winter (September)
- Fire Scar report (page 1 – background information)
- Fire Scar report (page 2 – years since burnt and page 3 – fire scars detected in each month)
- Fire Scar report (page 4 – time series graphs for the number of fire scars by month [historically] including fuel load and curing index)
- Fire Scar percentage area graph and rainfall pasture report (identifying low burn areas, high burn areas and biomass)
- Pasture growth alert reports (prototype – background information and report layout)
- Pasture Growth history (page 2 – moving 12 month period)
- Pasture Growth accumulation outlook (page 2 – 6 month pasture growth outlook)
- Pasture Growth total cover (page 3 – seasonal total cover)
- Rainfall and pasture growth maps (page 4)
- Safe Carrying Capacity report (prototype)
- What information is used to calculate Safe Carrying Capacity?
- Safe Carrying Capacity results and outputs
- Safe Carrying Capacity report – it’s progress for release
- ‘My FORAGE’ mapper (prototype – what is it?)
- How do I request FORAGE property reports?
- Your subscription options for selected reports
- FORAGE support
- Summary of new FORAGE reports