FORAGE – free property information to assist with GLM decisions: Part 1 – currently available information.
This is the third in a series of four webinars focusing on Getting the “Inside Edge” in grazing land management.
The Queensland Government’s Long Paddock website offers a suite of free FORAGE online property-scale land management reports. These reports have been designed to support those involved in Queensland (and Australian) agriculture to support decision making in grazing land management including graziers, extension practitioners, consultants, researchers and education providers.
FORAGE currently provides 12 reports that relate to a specific property location and area of interest. The most popular/key reports are:
- Indicative Land Type;
- Rainfall Pasture, and
- Ground Cover reports.
In this presentation, Grant Stone (Principal Scientist with the Queensland Department of Environment and Science) discusses:
- what reports and information are currently available;
- how to access and order reports for your property; and
- provides a preview of the new and soon to be released reports.
Download a copy of the FORAGE – free property information- part 1 – currently available information (PDF, 5MB)
- Forage – free property information to assist grazing land management decisions – Part 1: currently available information.
- Webinar ‘roadmap’
- What is FORAGE?
- FORAGE data sources: SILO Climate database
- FORAGE data sources: Grazing system models
- FORAGE data sources: Remote sensing data
- FORAGE support
- Common land management questions
- Rain and pasture report
- Indicative Land Type report
- Rainfall and Pasture by Land Type report
- Rainfall and Pasture Growth Outlook report
- Foliage Projection Cover report
- Ground Cover report
- Ground Cover – Regional Comparison report
- Drought Assessment Information report
- Erodible Soils report
- Regional Climate Projections report
- So, who uses FORAGE?
- What FORAGE products do I use in regard to land management questions?