Resilience strategies for small landholders: Duty of Care to animals
This recorded webinar is focused on supporting small landholders during times of drought and the subsequent recovery processes.
In this session, Tracy Longhurst (Senior Project Officer, Biosecurity Queensland) discusses your obligations for ‘Duty of Care’ to your animals when faced with the challenges of dry conditions.
At what point do you make important decisions about the animals in your care?
Tracy will also expand on your legal requirements for managing the animals in your care. The topics being discussed include:
1. What is ‘Duty of Care’ for animals
2. What is appropriate care
3. Who is classed as a ‘person in charge’ of animals
4. Appropriate transportation of livestock / How to assess if animals are fit to load
5. What does transporting mean?
Download a copy of the presentation – Duty of Care to animals (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- a new website has been developed to support small landholders – ‘Animals in drought‘
- Fit to load guide (MLA)