Restock, replant and repair – what’s next in North Queensland’s flood recovery assistance?
Following the devastating North Queensland floods, many directly impacted graziers took advantage of the $75 000 Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants to assist with the costs of immediate clean-up and reinstatement activities.
Over 1100 grant applications from primary producers, mostly North West graziers, have been approved worth over $66 million.
However, further financial assistance is available now to help graziers continue their recovery and get their businesses back on track. This additional assistance includes the $400 000 North Queensland Restocking, Replanting and On-farm Infrastructure grant. This co-contribution grant, administered by the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) on behalf of the Australian Government, can be matched with your own resources or funding from low interest Disaster Assistance Loans at 1.37 per cent or other finance sources.
This presentation discusses the flood disaster recovery assistance available now and how to take that next step in rebuilding your primary production business.
Download a copy of the presentation – Restock, replant and repair – what’s next in the North Queensland flood recovery (1.8 MB).
For any questions about QRIDA grants and loans relating to this flood event please call 1800 623 946. Or you can find further information here at Disaster Recovery on the QRIDA website.
For any other questions relating to your livestock, pasture or property, please call the DAF Call Centre on 13 25 23, and they will put you in touch with the best person to answer your enquiry.
- Restock, replant, repair – supporting the North Queensland flood recovery
- Who is QRIDA?
- Recovery assistance to date
- North Queensland restocking, replanting and on-farm infrastructure grants
- Eligibility criteria
- Your primary production must be located in…
- How grants can be used – restocking
- How grants can be used – replanting
- How grants can be used – repair infrastructure
- Application form has 3 parts…
- Application form – co-contribution (Part C)
- So, what are my next steps?
- Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants
- Disaster Assistance Loan
- Essential Working Capital Loan
- For more information…