Nutrition as a business strategy
The Nutrition EDGE package is tailored for your conditions and enterprise management. It is designed to equip you to make decisions that ultimately help to achieve your herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
During the workshop you will:
- Better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- Be able to estimate the feed value of pasture and estimate animal production
- Know what supplements to feed
- Understand a feed label
- Save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- Make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions
The workshop package consists of a three-day workshop (with a paddock session) and uses an interactive style and builds on the participants’ knowledge. Materials provided include workshop notes, a technical manual and reference material. The price also includes all morning teas, afternoon teas and lunches for the duration of the workshop.
Who leads the workshop?
- Workshop leaders have considerable practical experience in ruminant nutrition
- Our team understands the practical application of nutrition strategies at property level and has ongoing involvement with research and development
- In addition to their technical expertise, they have high level facilitation and communication skills to deliver an informative and value-packed three day course
Workshop topics include:
- Digestive system of ruminants and use of nutrients, intake and production
- Pasture growth and quality, and indicators and factors that affect them
- Grazing management and animal performance
- How to manage supply of nutrients from pasture to grazing animals
- Identifying mineral and vitamin deficiencies and how to manage for them
- Managing nutritional deficiencies
- Defining targets and options
- Supplementation and associated economics
Individual issues will be addressed during the workshop.
Previous attendees have said…
“Measuring the quantity and estimating the quality of feed supplies is a vital part of making a profit from livestock. The Nutrition EDGE workshop ensured that I can do this more efficiently, effectively and with better accuracy in the future.”
$1,750 plus GST for one person from a business
$1,450 plus GST each for two or more people from a business
Watch the Nutrition EDGE information video by Meat & Livestock Australia.