Meet your herd’s breeding potential
The Breeding EDGE workshop is customised for northern Australian producers. It is designed to assist you develop a breeding program or improve your existing one, using reproductive and genetic knowledge, and technologies to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- evaluate and improve your existing breeding herd management program for reproduction and genetic improvement
- understand the importance of measures of reproductive performance
- identify strategies and management to improve breeding herd performance
- develop a management plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies and a management program to meet your desired objective(s)
- develop systems for evaluating the success of your strategies.
What you will learn:
- reproduction and current herd performance
- female reproduction
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- reproductive diseases and diseases that impact reproduction
- breeder herd management plan
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- traits of economic importance for your herd
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria
- breeds and breeding systems.
The workshop package consists of a three-day workshop (with a paddock session) and uses an interactive style, building on the participant’s knowledge. Materials provided include workshop notes, a technical manual and reference material. The price also includes all morning teas, afternoon teas and lunches for the duration of the workshop.
Who leads the workshop?
- Workshop leaders have considerable practical experience in genetics and reproduction
- Our team understands the practical application of breeding strategies at property level and has ongoing involvement with research and development
- In addition to their technical expertise, they have high level facilitation and communication skills to deliver an informative and value-packed three day course
Previous attendees have said…
“The workshop gave us a better understanding of EBVs and their use in our breeding program. The workshop gave us more tools and ideas to fine-tune our breeding program to help maximise our returns.”
$1,750 plus GST for one person from a business
$1,450 plus GST for two or more people from a business
Watch the Breeding EDGE information video by Meat & Livestock Australia.