Making more from sheep
The Making more from sheep project addressed an identified need for the delivery of a timely and relevant package of best practice management tools for sheep producers to assist them achieve profitable and sustainable sheep production.
A long history of investment in research and development by the sheepmeat and wool industries means that much of the information, technologies and tools exist which allow sheep and wool producers to significantly increase their productivity, profitability and sustainability. Making More from Sheep is a best practice package of information, tools and learning opportunities for Australian sheep producers.
The key goal of the learning opportunities stream of Making More from Sheep was to deliver awareness, learning and supported adoption opportunities to lamb and wool producers to improve the productivity, profitability and resilience of their business.
Between January 2014 and December 2016 a total of 356 Making More from Sheep activities were delivered to 7,562 participants.
When: January 2014 to December 2016
To learn more, please read the project summary and download the following final reports from the Meat & Livestock Australia website.
- National Coordination Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1408) (PDF, 420.7 KB)
- Queensland Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1411) (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- New South Wales Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1412) (PDF, 350.3 KB)
- Victoria Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1413) (PDF, 799.8 KB)
- Tasmania Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1414) (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- South Australia Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1415) (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Western Australia Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1416) (PDF, 520.6 KB)
- National Evaluation Report Making More from Sheep (E.MMS.1507) (PDF, 646.3 KB)