- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE – Charters Towers
Monday 22 November 2021 @ 8:30am-Wednesday 24 November 2021 @ 5:00pm
|Start:||Monday 22 November 2021 @ 8:30am|
|End:||Wednesday 24 November 2021 @ 5:00pm||Event category:||Past event|
Charters Towers, Qld 4820 Australia+ Google Map
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition.
Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending Nutrition EDGE at Charters Towers, will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
- importance of nutrition
- how to get your bottom line to benefit
- digestion and nutrients
- pasture intake, quality and diet quality
- pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
- calculating a forage budget
- mineral nutrition
- diagnosing deficiencies
- supplementation and other tools
- supplement groups
- reading a label
- practical nutrition management
- defining production targets
- calculating viability of options.
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Désirée Jackson of Désirée Jackson Livestock Management.
Register now for Nutrition EDGE, Charters Towers, by contacting Désirée Jackson on 0409 062 692 or via email email@example.com.
Download the full event flyer: Nutrition EDGE 2021.11 Charters Towers