- BetterEvaluation – provides extensive discussion and resources on evaluation planning and approaches, including user contributed examples and comments
- NSW Government – Evaluation toolkit – an online resource that provides advice and tools for planning and conducting a program evaluation
- Independent Evaluation Group (IEG) – World Bank Group – provides a range of evaluation resources, including ‘how to’ guides, evaluation reports and case studies
- Queensland Government Statistician’s Office – provides a broad range of statistical services to support stakeholders’ evidence base for evaluation and performance
- Queensland Treasury – provides a number of project and procurement publications and resources; specifically they have ‘Queensland Government Program Evaluation Guidelines’ and documents on the Project Assessment Framework including guidance on conducting cost benefit analysis and preliminary project evaluation
- Australasian Evaluation Society – a member based organisation which exists to improve the theory, practice and use of evaluation. Publically information includes access to journal articles and evaluation reports
- HM Treasury – The Magenta Book – HM Treasury guidance on what to consider when designing an evaluation
- US Government Accountability Office – Designing Evaluations
- IFAD Independent Office of Evaluation – A guide for project M&E – a practical guide to M&E (Monitoring and Evaluation) to improve rural development projects. It takes a participatory approach to M&E ensuring stakeholders are involved at all stages of the project cycle
Monitoring and evaluation
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries staff can access a range of tools, templates and guides from the DAF intranet.
Useful external, public links to monitoring and evaluation resources (from the DAF intranet) are:
The Enabling Change and Innovation seminar series hosed a webinar in August 2012 on ‘Designing effective surveys in three easy steps‘.
If you have suggestions for page content we’d love to hear from you – please send it to email@example.com.