Defining the level of calf loss and identifying causes in your herd
In this Calf Alive symposium presentation, Dr Kieren McCosker, Beef Production Scientist, Northern Territory Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade, discusses how to measure and diagnose the extent of calf loss in your herd. His simple, yet powerful system will enable beef producers to identify whether calf loss is an issue for their herds.
Full video (15:42 minutes)
- Why measure it? (1:03 minutes)
- What information to record (3:51 minutes)
- Recording sheets (7:17 minutes)
- Computer recording systems (8:46 minutes)
- Don’t stop there…analyse the data (9:11 minutes)
- Think about the whole cycle (10:08 minutes)
- What do I do? (11:42 minutes)
- What can I do about the issue…where do I intervene? (12:57 minutes)
- Summary (14:33 minutes)
Back to the Calf Alive symposium presentations home page.