- This event has passed.
Grazing fundamentals workshop Warwick
Tuesday 8 August 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 8 August 2017|
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Event category:||Land and pastures|
8 Albion Street+ Google Map
Warwick, Queensland 4370 Australia
Grazing Fundamentals is a one-day workshop for people involved in the grazing industry wanting to gain a better understanding of the core principles behind good grazing management.
Grazing Fundamentals has been designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production system and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity. It looks at the local influences on pasture yield and quality and how seasonal planning and strategic management can be used to achieve land condition and animal production goals. Grazing Fundamentals is part of Meat & Livestock Australia’s EDGENetwork suite of accredited training workshops.
Each participant will receive course notes and worksheets. Catering is also provided. *The workshop price also covers a follow-up field skills workshop and one-on-one property visit sponsored by the Condamine Headwaters Landcare Group.
What you will learn
- Environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- Local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- How soil properties influence pasture growth
- Land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- Principles behind successful grazing systems
- How to account for different classes of grazing animals when assessing grazing pressure
- What’s involved with forage budgeting
The Condamine Headwaters Landcare Group is subsidising this workshop $600 per person for up to 10 participants.
Price (inclusive of GST) $165 per person.
Places are limited. Register securely online at http://www.trybooking.com/QZTK.
For more information download a copy of the Grazing Fundamentals workshop flyer (PDF, 318KB).