Agricultural competitiveness: the White Paper at a glance
The Australian Government launched the Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper last Saturday. This is the government’s plan to grow agriculture and it is a $4 billion investment in our farmers and farming communities. There are five key priorities:
- A fairer go for farm businesses through fairer competition for farm produce, better regulation and a better tax system for farm businesses
- Building infrastructure for the 21st century
- Strengthening approaches to drought and risk management
- Farming smarter through training, research & development and natural resource management
- Accessing premium markets by improving international trade opportunities, improving biosecurity surveillance and analysis and modernising export traceability systems.
A comprehensive summary of the Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper is available here.