Breeding EDGE – Augathella
Wednesday 19 August 2020 - Friday 21 August 2020
|Start:||Wednesday 19 August 2020|
|End:||Friday 21 August 2020||Event category:||Animal production, People and business|
Augathella Town Hall
Augathella, Qld 4477 Australia+ Google Map
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending the Breeding EDGE workshop in Augathella, will help you to:
• identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
• measure reproductive performance more accurately
• identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
• develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
• gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
• current herd performance – what measures matter most
• reproduction and reproduction loss
• managing the breeders – systems
• bull fertility and management
• identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
• reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
• breeder herd management plans
• genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
• genetic principles and selection tools
• selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
• breeds and breeding systems.
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,450 + GST / 2nd person from the same business or additional persons from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, and lunch, morning afternoon tea each day.
Presenters of the Breeding EDGE workshop at Augathella
• Désirée Jackson – Désirée Jackson Livestock Management
• Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
Register now for Breeding EDGE
Places are limited. Register via: Désirée Jackson – Désirée Jackson Livestock Management, on 0409 062 692.
Download the event flyer: Breeding EDGE Augathella (PDF, 500 KB)