- This event has passed.
Breeding EDGE Port Hedland
Tuesday 17 April 2018 @ 8:00 am - Thursday 19 April 2018 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Tuesday 17 April 2018 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Thursday 19 April 2018 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Past event|
ESS Gateway Village
901 Nimingarra Court+ Google Map
South Hedland, Western Australia 6722 Australia
Breeding EDGE is designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- evaluate current herd performance and understand which herd performance measures matter for your operation
- understand how to reduce reproductive wastage and calf loss
- identify strategies & management to improve breeding herd performance
- develop specific strategies to refine and improve breeder, bull and disease management
- develop breeding objectives for your own herd and identify selection criteria to meet these
- use tools to find the bulls with the right genetic merit to meet your selection criteria
Prices (exclusive of GST):
$1,750pp* + GST / One person from a business
$1,450pp* + GST / Two or more people from a business
*Beef producers are eligible for discount of $500 (first person) and $250 (additional person/s) thanks to the generous support of MLA and DPIRD.
What you will learn:
- reproduction and current herd performance
- female reproduction
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- reproductive diseases and diseases that impact reproduction
- breeder herd management plan
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- traits of economic importance for your herd
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria
- breeds and breeding systems.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill (Qld) – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Anne Marie Huey (WA) – Northern Rangelands Services
- Tim Emery (Qld) – TBTS
For more information about the workshop and to register please contact Felicity Hamlyn-Hill on 0428 113 732 or email@example.com
Download a copy of the Breeding EDGE flyer (PDF, 600KB).