Breeding EDGE – Taroom
Monday 17 August 2020 - Wednesday 19 August 2020
|Start:||Monday 17 August 2020|
|End:||Wednesday 19 August 2020||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, People and business|
Taroom, Qld 4420 Australia+ Google Map
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,450 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from same business
Corporate rate + GST/ 5 or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Fitzroy Basin Association Inc (FBA) subsidies are available for Fitzroy landholders to cover training costs. Contact FBAs Reece Brooks phone: 0447 992 800, or, Katie Crozier phone: 0408 874 042 to enquire if you are eligible.
• Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
• Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
• Mick Sullivan – Department Agriculture & Fisheries
• ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet
Register now for Breeding EDGE — Taroom, 17-19 August 2020.
Places are limited.
To register, contact Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, via phone 0428 113 732, or email email@example.com
Breeding EDGE — Taroom will be run as a COVID-19 safe event: To ensure the safety of participants, this event will be run in accordance with State and Federal Government COVID-19 restrictions and advice.
Download the event flyer: Breeding EDGE Taroom flyer (500 KB).