Breeding EDGE workshop Charters Towers (Days 1-2)
Thursday 30 August 2018 @ 8:00 am - Friday 31 August 2018 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Thursday 30 August 2018 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Friday 31 August 2018 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production|
DAF Charters Towers
1-5 Prior Street+ Google Map
Charters Towers, Qld 4820 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop or refine a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Mick Sullivan – Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
- ACV and BULLCHECK accredited vet
$1,750 + GST / First person from a business
$1,450 + GST / Two or more people from one business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files and other materials plus lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Places are limited. For more information and to register please contact Felicity Hamlyn-Hill on 0428 113 732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of the Breeding EDGE flyer (PDF, 411KB).