- This event has passed.
Breeding EDGE – Fitzroy Crossing, WA
Wednesday 17 July 2019 @ 8:00 am - Friday 19 July 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Wednesday 17 July 2019 @ 8:00 am|
|End:||Friday 19 July 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Past event|
Fitzroy Crossing, WA 6765 Australia+ Google Map
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers to improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies to achieve desired production targets.
Attending Breeding EDGE will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop or refine a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services, Pty Ltd
Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
Anne Marie Huey – Northern Rangeland Services
ACV & BULLCHECK vet.
Price (GST exclusive)
$1750 + GST / first person from one business
$1450 + GST / second and third person from same business
Corporate rate + GST / 5 or more participants from the one business
Cost includes a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Subsidy may apply, enquire at registration.
Places are limited
To register, contact:
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd, mobile: 0428 113 732, email: email@example.com
Download the Fitzroy Crossing Breeding EDGE flyer (PDF, 500 KB) to read what other beef producers have said about this EDGE workshop.