- This event has passed.
Breeding EDGE – Katherine, NT
Wednesday 13 March 2019 @ 8:30 am - Friday 15 March 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Wednesday 13 March 2019 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Friday 15 March 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Animal production, Past event|
Katherine Research Station
South Stuart Highway+ Google Map
Katherine, NT 0851 Australia
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers to improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies to achieve desired production targets.
Attending Breeding EDGE will help you to:
- evaluate and improve your existing breeding herd management program for reproduction and genetic improvement
- understand the importance of measures of reproductive performance
- identify strategies and management to improve breeding herd performance
- develop a management plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies and a management program to meet your desired objective(s)
- develop systems for evaluating the success of your strategies
What you will learn:
- reproduction and current herd performance
- female reproduction
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- reproductive diseases and diseases that impact reproduction
- breeder herd management plan
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- traits of economic importance for your herd
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria
- breeds and breeding systems
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services, Pty Ltd
Whitney Dollemore – NT Department of Primary Industry and Resources
Tim Emery – Tropical Beef Technology Services
Price (GST exclusive)
$1750 + GST / one person from a business
$1450 + GST / two or more people from a business
Corporate rate + GST / 5 or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Places are limited
To register, contact:
Felicity Hamlyn-Hill, Beef Enterprise Advisory Services, mobile: 0428 113 732, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the event flyer here: Breeding EDGE flyer – Katherine (PDF, 500 KB)