- This event has passed.
Bull selection and fertility information day
Monday 22 August 2016 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
|Date:||Monday 22 August 2016|
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
|Event category:||Past event|
Somerset Civic Centre
35 Esk-Hampton Road+ Google Map
Esk, Qld 4312 Australia
Join us to discuss practical ways to improve herd fertility and productivity. Topics covered will include:
- Developing breeding objectives
- BULLCHECK™ and understanding morphology
- Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) and how to make effective use of them
- Understanding what valuable information can be accessed online
- Breeding program options
- Key findings from multiple research projects: Beef CRC, BullPower, BIN project, etc.
Our speaker is Tim Emery, a Beef Extension Officer with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries in Roma. Tim also runs a commercial beef herd at Wallumbilla.
RSVP 12 August.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Megan Gurnett, DAF Toowoomba T: 07 4688 1411 M: 0475 973 221 E: email@example.com
Download the Bull selection and information day flyer (PDF 369 kB).
Grazing BMP is funded by the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.