- This event has passed.
Disease Investigation on Property – A producers perspective : BeefConnect Webinar
Wednesday 2 October 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 2 October 2019|
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
|Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, Biosecurity|
Join us for a webinar on Oct 2 at 12:30 AEST to get the producers perspective on disease investigation.
Hear from Dan Burton, Senior Inspector, Biosecurity Queensland Blackall on disease investigation, specifically in regards to how producers can assist their private vet or departmental inspector or vet during a possible disease investigation on their properties.
The presentation covers what producers should do prior to phoning a professional, including:
• Property operations that may have influenced the disease outbreak;
• Observations of livestock – including deceased, companion and affected livestock;
• Weather patterns and occurrences that may have influenced the disease outbreak;
• Suitability of animals to conduct a disease investigation upon;
• Emergency Disease Hotline and more.