Feeding Phosphorus – Jericho
Wednesday 27 November 2019 @ 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 27 November 2019|
8:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, People and business|
Jericho, Qld 4728 Australia+ Google Map
Could you be feeding phosphorus more efficiently?
Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries invites you to “Feeding phosphorus” at Jericho. Attendees will leave the event knowing:
- which of their land types are phosphorus deficient
- if they are feeding enough phosphorus to their breeders
- if they are supplementing phosphorus to their herd in the most cost effective way.
Guest speaker at this event will be Rob Dixon, University of Queensland. Rob is a ruminant nutritionist with many years of experience in northern production systems including phosphorus nutrition in growing and breeder cattle.
To get the most value out of this workshop possible, please provide the following details at registration:
- Labels from phosphorus supplementation products you feed
- Supplement intake information – can you calculate how much of the product a beast was eating per day in different paddocks?
- Results from any soil or cattle blood tests that have been conducted
To have a land type map produced for your property (phosphorus deficient soils) please provide your lot on plan details.
Morning tea and lunch will be supplied.
For more information, download the event flyer: Feeding phosphorus (PDF, 535 KB)