- This event has passed.
Fodder Harvesting Code, Mapping and Fire Management workshop — Blackall
Wednesday 16 June 2021 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 16 June 2021|
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Land and pastures|
Blackall, Qld 4472 Australia+ Google Map
This free workshop will help you to understand common vegetation management queries.
Natural Resource Management officers from the Department of Resources will be available, alongside Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, to walk you through online tools and provide practical demonstrations about vegetation management.
The program is detailed below. You are invited to attend both sessions, or if more suitable, the morning or afternoon sessions only.
- Step through the Managing Fodder Harvesting Code
- How to complete a Fodder Harvesting notification form online and mapping tools
- GIS mapping and mobile devices
- Exemptions for Leasehold and Freehold properties
- How to download Vegetation Management information using the Queensland Globe
- Aaron Sheehan Bushfire Safety Officer QFES
- Wildfire simulator
- Permits to light
- Annual checks
- Travel off site
- How to complete self-audit
- Practical demonstration of a fuel load assessment
- Back to the meeting room to assist landholders who wish to discuss concerns or queries one-on-one with a Natural Resource Management Officer.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided along with tea and coffee.