- This event has passed.
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE – Brisbane
Wednesday 6 February 2019
|Date:||Wednesday 6 February 2019|
|Cost:||$825||Event category:||Land and pastures|
Williams Room, George Williams Hotel
George Williams Hotel, 317 - 325 George St+ Google Map
Brisbane, Qld 4000 Australia
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE
Principles underpinning timely management decisions
• environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
• seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
• how soil properties influence pasture growth
• how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
• how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
• know when and how to use pasture spelling
• principles behind successful grazing systems
• how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
• what’s involved with forage budgeting and calculating carrying capacity
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
• evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
• better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
• understand key considerations when designing paddock and property layout
$825 including GST
Cost includes workshop, a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and all catering.
Earlybird discount: Bookings made by 24/12/18 are eligible for a 5% discount. Use the discount code GRAZING when booking online.
Jill Alexander, Applied Ag and Col Paton, Ecorich Grazing
To register please contact Jill Alexander, Applied Ag, mobile: 0427 764 897or email email@example.com.
RSVP required by 24 January
Download a copy of the Grazing fundamentals EDGE flyer Brisbane (PDF, 321KB)