- This event has passed.
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE Barcaldine
Wednesday 14 November 2018 @ 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 14 November 2018|
8:15 am - 4:30 pm
|Event category:||Land and pastures|
Ken Wilson Pavilion
Barcaldine Showgrounds+ Google Map
Barcaldine, Qld 4725 Australia
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE: Principles underpinning timely management decisions
• regulators of pasture growth and quality
• local pasture growth patterns
• local seasonal calendar and key decision dates
• land condition
• long and short-term carrying capacity
• principles behind successful grazing systems
• what’s involved with forage budgeting.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• understand how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
• evaluate the production potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
• better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition.
Deliverers: Jane Tincknell and Jenny Milson, DAF Longreach
Prices (exclusive of GST):
$200pp + GST / 1 person from a business (normally $750pp + GST)
$150pp + GST / 2 or more people from the same business (normally $500pp + GST)
Discounted prices are possible thanks to generous support from DAF’s GrazingFutures project.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning/afternoon tea.
RSVP Friday 2 November.
Download a copy of the Barcaldine Grazing Fundamentals EDGE flyer (PDF, 397KB).