- This event has passed.
Is it economically worthwhile to fertilise sown pastures? – Webinar
Wednesday 10 June 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 10 June 2020|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Online - at your computer
Meat & Livestock Australia’s Producer Demonstration Site (PDS) program supports producers to validate the value of integrating new management practices/skills into their business.
Overview of the Producer Demonstration Site
Using paired comparisons across four properties in the western Darling Downs region, this PDS aims to:
- demonstrate how strategic fertilising and controlled grazing management can restore the productive potential of rundown sown pastures
- quantify the production benefits of addressing soil nutrient imbalances in rundown sown pastures
- assess the economic value of fertilising rundown sown pastures.
What’s on the webinar agenda?
- Overview of the fertilising and grazing management strategies applied throughout the PDS
- Summary of the results from the first two years of the trial, including changes in soil fertility, pasture productivity and diet quality
- Strategies to ensure producers’ fertilising approach complements seasonal conditions and changes in soil fertility
- Advice on how to initiate a successful pasture fertilising program in rundown sown pastures.