- This event has passed.
Kidman Springs BeefUp Forum
Wednesday 15 August 2018 - Thursday 16 August 2018
|Start:||Wednesday 15 August 2018|
|End:||Thursday 16 August 2018||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, Land and pastures, People and business, Research|
Victoria River, NT 0852 Australia
Meat & Livestock Australia and the NT Government invite you to the 2018 Victoria River Research Station Field Day and BeefUp Forum.
- Opening address – NT Department of Primary Industry and Resources
- Welcome – Jay Mohr-Bell, Chair KPIAC
- Shruburn trial helps design a fire management program – Robyn Cowley
- Self-herding principles and philosophy – Bruce Maynard
- Self-herding project for rangelands grazing systems – Dionne Walsh and Spud Thomas
- Senepol crossbreeding project update – Tim Schatz
- Ovarian scanning and data collection demonstration – Tim Schatz, David Johnston and Whitney Dollemore
- The latest on the donkey project – Neil McDonald
- Build production through reducing calf loss – Kieren McCosker and Tim Schatz
- Post weaning heifer growth – Kieren McCosker
- The value of more kilograms on culled cows – Kieren McCosker
- Tour – Research Station
- Managing post mortems
- MLA update – Ted Parish, MLA
- New developments in genetics/genomics – David Johnston, AGBU
- MLA priority setting – Barb Bishop, BeefUp Forum Coordinator
- Current/future state of live export market – Ross Ainsworth
- The power of using individual ID – evidence-based decision-making crush side – Robert Wyld, Sapien Technology
Cost: $20 per person, this includes morning and afternoon teas, lunch and BBQ dinner.
RSVP 15 August 2018
Contact: Barbara Bishop, 0408 999 009, email@example.com
Download a copy of the VRRS Field Day and BeefUp Forum Program (PDF, 364KB).