- This event has passed.
Livestock Advisor Updates – Brisbane
Monday 19 August 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Monday 19 August 2019|
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Cost:||$106.59||Event category:||Animal production, Climate and natural disasters, Land and pastures, People and business|
Rydges South Bank
9 Glenelg Street+ Google Map
Brisbane, Qld 4101 Australia
Livestock Advisor Updates are regionally relevant, one-day technical workshops held in northern, southern and western Australia.
Conveniently being held before the Northern Beef Research Update Conference welcome reception, the Livestock Advisor Update being held in Brisbane, attendees will hear from:
- Desiree Jackson, (Desiree Jackson Livestock Management) as she provides an overview of Profitable Grazing Systems with Geoff and Kate Swanson
- Peter Wilkinson (Verterra Ecological Engineering) and Geoff Murrell (Paraway Pastoral Company), as they provide an overview of carbon trading from an agricultural perspective
- Stuart McLennan (University of Queensland) as he explains the revised adult equivalent system for northern cattle and the implications for calculating their nutritional requirements
- Tim Schatz (NT Department of Primary Industry and Resources) and Rob Dixon (University of Queensland) as they discuss managing the nutritional deficiencies of cattle
- Jill Alexander (Applied Ag), as she shares with the audience a tool that has potential to positively impact all livestock managers.
- Steven Bray (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) as he discusses the implications of vegetation thickening/regrowth on northern grazing systems.
The Livestock Advisor Updates provides opportunities for livestock advisors and consultants to:
- learn about the latest red meat R&D
- gain skills, tools and knowledge to increase your offering to clients
- network with your peers.
Download the program for the Brisbane workshop (PDF, 270 KB).