- This event has passed.
LRF Carbon Farming workshop – Emerald
Wednesday 12 February 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 12 February 2020|
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||People and business|
Corner Esmond Street and Hospital Road+ Google Map
Emerald, Queensland 4720 Australia
Are you interested in Carbon Farming through Queensland Land Restoration Fund program?
- Learn what steps to take to start your own Carbon Farming Project
- Hear some basics about Carbon, Carbon Farming and the benefits of Carbon Farming
- Talk to others also considering starting a Carbon Farming Project with the Land Restoration Fund
NRM Regions Queensland has partnered with the Queensland Government to deliver a series of workshops across Queensland to help landholders apply for the Queensland Government’s Land Restoration Fund (the Fund). The 2020 Investment Round of the Fund will invest $100 million in projects that deliver carbon farming with co-benefits.
At the workshops, specialists from government, industry and the carbon farming sector (CSIROs LOOC-C carbon calculator tool, Farm Map 4D, QRIDA, Carbon Market Institute, your local NRM staff and Carbon Project Developers) will explain the application process and provide information on the first investment round so attendees can start putting together applications for carbon farming projects in Queensland.
Guest speakers and presenters will be available to speak one-on-one to attendees after the workshop.
The Land Restoration Fund:
• aims to expand carbon farming in the state by supporting land-sector projects that deliver additional environmental, social and economic co-benefits.
• empower farmers, land managers and landholders with the support needed to generate additional, regular and diverse income streams and protect their business in tough times, through carbon farming projects
For more information, download the event flyer: Carbon Farming Land Restoration Fund workshop (PDF, 155 KB)