- This event has passed.
Northern Australia Climate Program – Alice Springs
Friday 20 September 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Date:||Friday 20 September 2019|
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Climate and natural disasters|
Arid Zone Research Institute
South Stuart Highway+ Google Map
Alice Springs, NT 0870 Australia
The Northern Australia Climate Program, funded by Meat & Livestock Australia, University of Southern Queensland, and the Queensland government, invite you to come along to their half day workshop at Alice Springs where the key messages will include:
- the latest developments in seasonal climate forecasting and how they apply to our region
- key climate drivers for northern Australia
- find, use and assess relevant climate tools such as seasonal forecasts
- what to expect in the upcoming wet season.
Speakers at this event will be:
- Dr Chelsea Jarvis, Research Fellow (Agricultural Climate Research and Applications) Centre for Applied Climate Sciences, USQ
- Dr Harry Hendon, Senior Principal Research Scientist, Bureau of Meteorology
- Alison Kain, Northern Australia Climate Program, USQ
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Register your interest with Alison Kain, phone: 0409 281 649 or at Alison.Kain@usq.edu.au.
For more information, download the event flyer: Alice Springs Climate Workshop (PDF, 300 KB)