- This event has passed.
Northern Australia Climate Program – Barkly Homestead
Tuesday 17 September 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 17 September 2019|
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Past event|
Tablelands Highway+ Google Map
Tenant Creek, NT 0862 Australia
The Northern Australia Climate Program, funded by Meat & Livestock Australia, University of Southern Queensland, and the Queensland government, invite you to come along to their half day workshop at Barkly Homestead where the key messages will include:
- the latest developments in seasonal climate forecasting and how they apply to our region
- key climate drivers for northern Australia
- find, use and assess relevant climate tools such as seasonal forecasts
- what to expect in the upcoming wet season.
Speakers at this event will be:
- Dr Chelsea Jarvis, Research Fellow (Agricultural Climate Research and Applications) Centre for Applied Climate Sciences, USQ
- Dr Harry Hendon, Senior Principal Research Scientist, Bureau of Meteorology
- Alison Kain, Northern Australia Climate Program, USQ
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Register your interest with Alison Kain, phone: 0409 281 649 or at Alison.Kain@usq.edu.au.
For more information, download the event flyer: Barkly Climate Workshop (PDF, 250 KB).