- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE – Clermont
Tuesday 22 October 2019 @ 8:30 am - Thursday 24 October 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Start:||Tuesday 22 October 2019 @ 8:30 am|
|End:||Thursday 24 October 2019 @ 5:00 pm||Event category:||Past event|
Clermont, Qld 4721 Australia+ Google Map
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition.
Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
• estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
• know what supplements to feed
• understand a feed label
• save money on supplementary and drought feeding
• make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
• importance of nutrition
• how to get your bottom line to benefit
• digestion and nutrients
• pasture intake, quality and diet quality
• pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
• calculating a forage budget
• mineral nutrition
• diagnosing deficiencies
• supplementation and other tools
• supplement groups
• reading a label
• practical nutrition management
• defining production targets
• calculating viability of options.
$1,750 + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,450 + GST / 2nd person from the same business or additional persons from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Fitzroy Basin Association Inc. subsidies are available for Fitzroy landholders to cover training costs. Contact FBAs Reece Brooks on 0447 992 800 to enquire if you are eligible.
Désirée Jackson, Désirée Jackson Livestock Management
Byrony Daniels, Queensland Department Agriculture & Fisheries.
Register now for Nutrition EDGE
Places are limited. Register via:
Désirée Jackson – Désirée Jackson Livestock Management
M: 0409 062 692 or
For more information or to read attendee feedback from previous Nutrition EDGE workshops, download the event flyer: Nutrition EDGE Clermont (PDF, 500 KB).