- This event has passed.
Phosphorus and profit — Floraville Station, via Burketown
Wednesday 20 October 2021 @ 9:00am-3:00pm
|Date:||Wednesday 20 October 2021|
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, People and business|
Effective phosphorus feeding improves weaning rates, increases weight gains and reduces mortality but can be challenging and costly to get right.
Two free information days, Phosphorus and profit that are being held in the Gulf region will cover:
- Importance of phosphorus (P) supplementation in deficient northern Australia.
- Phosphorus nutrition of growing and breeder cattle
- How do you know you have P deficient country
- Tools to calculate cost of P supplements
- Grazing management to get the best out of supplementation
- Lick sheds or bulker bags? How to get It out and get intakes right
- Effective weed management.
The Phosphorus and profit events are being hosted by:
- Producer hosts at Hells Gate Roadhouse and Floraville Station
- Tim Schatz (NT Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade)
- Lindsey Perry (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Kieran Smith (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Charles Curry (Southern Gulf NRM)
To RSVP, contact Lindsey Perry on 0477 755 243 or email: email@example.com