- This event has passed.
Satellite assisted forage budgeting – Banana
Tuesday 17 November 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 17 November 2020|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Event category:||Animal production, Land and pastures, People and business|
Take control of your stocking rates using Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting
A comprehensive training package rolled out over 6-12 months
- Conduct forage budgets,
- Cut, dry and estimate pasture yields consistently and confidently
- Use an app to collect pasture yield estimations and other information
- Interpret the various types of satellite imagery
- Use the satellite imagery and associated spreadsheets for doing forage budgets.
As part of the Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting workshop we provide a forage budget template and an App for collecting data with instructions.
The package cost includes satellite imagery and products up to the value of $1,000 for 12 months (satellite imagery and associated data is updated every five days).
Follow-up support includes:
- A face-to-face property visit of half a day on each property
- A group webinar to review progress
- Phone support
The Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting training package is subsidised by Meat and Livestock Australia through their Profitable Grazing Systems Program.
The price for the full Satellite Assisted Forage Budgeting Package is $2,082.50 + GST after taking off the MLA subsidy.