$ENSIBLE $UPPLEMENTATION: Dry season management workshop – Dysart
Wednesday 12 August 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
|Date:||Wednesday 12 August 2020|
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, Land and pastures|
Dysart Civic Centre
16 Queen Elizabeth Drive+ Google Map
Dysart, Qld 4745 Australia
$ENSIBLE $UPPLEMENTATION: Dry season management workshop
Do you have enough grass? What will you feed cattle? How much will it cost you?
This free half-day workshop will help you to manage your pasture and supplement through the dry season. Topics covered include:
- Practical cattle nutrition
- Cattle nutritional requirements
- Reading supplement labels
- Understanding supplement ingredients
- Cost analysis of supplements
- Feeding management
- Animal welfare during the dry season
Experienced presenters from Department of Agriculture and Fisheries:
Mick Sullivan is a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins is a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Cindy McNaught is Beef Extension Officer with experience in livestock biosecurity systems and animal welfare.
We will bring:
– Supplement assessments
– Lick intake calculator
– Workshop notes
- Specs for protein, energy and phosphorus
- Cost per tonne including freight
- Class of cattle being fed
- How much lick cattle are eating
RSVP’s are essential ! Register by Wednesday, 5 August.
Thurs 13th August – Rockhampton Frenchville Sports Club