$ENSIBLE $UPPLEMENTATION: Dry season management workshop – Theodore
Monday 10 August 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
|Date:||Monday 10 August 2020|
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Animal production, Animal welfare and handling, Land and pastures|
The Boulevard+ Google Map
Theodore, Qld 4719 Australia
$ENSIBLE $UPPLEMENTATION — Dry season management workshop
Do you have enough grass? What will you feed cattle? How much will it cost you?
This free half-day workshop will help you to manage your pasture and supplementation through the dry season. Topics covered include:
- Practical cattle nutrition
- Cattle nutritional requirements
- Reading supplement labels
- Understanding supplement ingredients
- Cost analysis of supplements
- Feeding management
- Animal welfare during the dry season
Experienced presenters from Department of Agriculture and Fisheries:
Mick Sullivan is a Beef Extension Officer with extensive experience in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins is a Beef Extension Officer with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Cindy McNaught is a Beef Extension Officer with experience in livestock biosecurity systems and animal welfare.
- Supplement assessments
- Lick intake calculator
- Workshop notes
- Please bring labels and information on lick products you are currently feeding:
- Specs for protein, energy and phosphorus
- Cost per tonne including freight
- Class of cattle being fed
- How much lick cattle are eating
RSVPs are essential! Register before Wednesday, 5 August.
Tuesday, 11 August – Emerald Maraboon Tavern
Wednesday, 12 August – Dysart Civic Centre
Thursday, 13 August – Rockhampton Frenchville Sports Club