- This event has passed.
Susan River grazing and pasture management – Susan River
Tuesday 13 October 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Date:||Tuesday 13 October 2020|
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Cost:||Free||Event category:||Biosecurity, Land and pastures|
56 Noble Road+ Google Map
Susan River, Queensland 4655 Australia
Join Noosa and District Landcare for a grazing and pasture management workshop with Senior Extension Officer, Damien O’Sullivan (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) and the Biosecurity team from the Fraser Coast Regional Council.
Workshop topics covered:
- pasture grass identification and suitable grasses for the Susan River region
- assessing the health of your pasture
- seasonal management of pastures
- pastures and soil health
- biosecurity on the farm—managing risks
- wetland management.
The morning will also include a demonstration of Fraser Coast Regional Council’s library of weed and pest management equipment and resources available for hire.
Morning tea and lunch provided.
* Please note – This workshop will have a limit of 25 persons, each at 1.5 m spacing. A grazing table of food will not be provided. Tea and coffee will be available. *
Please DO NOT come if you are showing any signs of a cold, infection or feeling unwell.